The Benner family is deeply rooted in the metals industry. In 1870, at the age of 21, Joseph Bennerscheidt came to the United States from what is now northern Germany. He married into a family that was one of the original Anaheim colonists and became very active in the community where he operated the water and gas companies and played a very active role in politics. Joseph opened the first metal manufacturing business in Anaheim, a metal fabrication shop located right in the center of town.. This business was passed down through generations and was eventually sold in the mid 1990’s.
Following in their great-grandfather’s tradition, the brothers Louis and Francis Benner opened Benner Metals in 1986 as a partnership on Miraloma Avenue in Anaheim. In 1988 they incorporated the business as Benner Metals Corporation and in 1994 after swift expansion they moved to the present location in Fullerton on State College Boulevard in Fullerton.
Today, Francis continues to operate the business and is looking forward to passing the torch to his two sons, Michael and Robert; ensuring that they continue the nearly 150 year family tradition.